Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Jhana 1 - very strong piti

 Today, I sat on floor in the hall facing the balcony. A nice wind was blowing into my face and whole body. I relaxed and smiled and abided in the nice warm happy feeling in my head. After less than 5 minutes, piti started and quickly increased in intensity. Within the next 10 minutes approximately, my whole body was shaking and both my knees were flapping and slapping the floor quite violently. My breath became huff - huff - huff which was rather loud. Sounded like I was panting. My eyes were shut but I could see light - dark -light -dark which I attributed to the whole body pulsating.

I allowed the piti do to what it would without interfering in it. I just kept relaxing and smiling and abiding in the pleasant feelings - kept my attention there as best I could. The piti seems to increase and decrease like a wave. 

I just allowed it. Eventually it quietened down and I was left with just stillness. After a short while my timer sounded the 45 mins mark.

I got up.

r8


No comments:

Post a Comment